Design Boot Camp Online: LEVEL 1 - 5 weeks - 12pm-2pm
February 7, 2023 - March 7, 2023. We will meet twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays 12pm-2pm EST) over Zoom.
Not for the faint of heart. This is a serious five-week art workshop that will challenge, inspire, encourage, and educate you!
- Do you have trouble articulating what it is that's wrong or "off" with a piece you don't like?
- Do you struggle with decision making while you're making art?
- Do you have trouble figuring out if a piece of artwork is done?
- Are you searching for the words and the language to be able to discuss art?
- Do you make a lot of things that simply don't feel "finished?"
If you answered, "yes" to any of those questions, then Design Boot Camp might be for you.
What is Design Boot Camp?
Design Boot Camp is a five-week-long art workshop that will challenge, inspire, encourage, and educate you! I will teach you about each of the Elements & Principles of Design. Through a series of art exercises, we will explore each element and principle and then learn how to combine them together to create compositions that sing. You will learn a lot about yourself over the five-weeks. But you have to put in the work to get the results.
It's called "Boot Camp," because I am going to kick your artistic behind (in a nice way, of course). This course is intended for those who are serious about their art and looking for the tools to push their work to the next level. There will be a lot of work during class. It's Boot Camp.
When is Design Boot Camp?
Join me for five weeks of intensive learning. We will meet twice a week over Zoom. In between classes there will be homework, as well as a dedicated Slack channel where you can leave questions and get some help during "off hours," as well as chat with other students.
ALSO: You can watch this recording of a webinar all about this course!
Class space is extremely limited to ensure that each student gets plenty of personal attention.
Payment plans are available. Contact me for more info.
There are no refunds once payment has been made.
- "I felt like I learned the secret language of artists, and that made me more confident and free."
- "The wealth of information that Julie shared with us during the two hour sessions over the course of Bootcamp. She was so prepared and is such an excellent teacher - I knew that I was in good hands."
- "This is the toughest class I have taken in my art journey-so far. And it is the best class because it kept me out of my comfort zone the entire five weeks. The format inspired me to take chances and create some different art with the help from the group. I love the longer timeline, letting ideas "sit" and having time to explore by doing homework was helpful. Will definitely take again or the next level."
- "I feel like my journey as an artist has just begun, despite doing art for years. Julie is a master artist AND teacher, a true professional! I hope there will be a Design Boot Camp 2 next year!"
- "I loved the assignments. Based on one of the articles l read by James Clear, l am a person always in motion not in action. I read articles, blogs, watch youtube videos always saying that l'm learning something. Your assignments made me actually put what you were teaching us into action."
- "This class was worth every penny! I have LOTS of work to do, but I feel like I now have the tools to carry me forward to where I would like to be."
- "Zoom was fabulous - having all of my supplies at my fingertips was perfect. Loved the ability to review my notes and digest the lesson given before the next one was presented. Interacting with the other students was a great part of the learning experience. I have said this before and I will say it again - you are an extraordinary teacher with incredible knowledge about art that you share in a clear, professional way. Only you could accomplish what you did in the class - you get right to the point and right to the heart of the task. Over the years you have added much joy to my artistic endeavors. Thank you!"
- "The best class I’ve ever taken, in-person or on-line — thanks!"