Design Boot Camp Online: LEVEL 1 - 6 weeks - 12pm-2:30pm
March 1, 2024 - April 12, 2024. We will meet live over Zoom on Tuesdays and Fridays, 12-2:30pm EST. Sessions are NOT recorded.
Friday, March 1
Tuesday, March 5
Tuesday, March 12
Friday, March 15
Tuesday, March 19
Tuesday, March 26
Friday, March 29
Tuesday, April 2
Friday, April 12
Design Boot Camp gives you a thorough understanding of the design elements and principles in order to help you confidently make better art.
The workshop is designed to be similar to a rigorous college-level course. Class meetings are lecture and discussion based with select in-class exercises. Students are expected to complete extensive homework assignments between class sessions in order to master the material.
Design Boot Camp helps artists answer the following questions:
· Is this finished?
· How do I fix this?
· What’s my style?
· What should I do next?
· Is this good or bad?
· How do I get out of this rut?
Design Boot Camp is demanding – of your physical time and your mental energy. Artists who are a good fit for class:
· Enjoy learning.
· Are able to make it to every class session.
· Are interested in participating in class discussions.
· Have the time/energy to complete homework assignments.
· Are not afraid to ask questions.
· Want to grow and change.
· Are willing to try new things.
· Are open.
If that sounds like you, then sign up for the workshop that will help you to confidently make better art.
- Do you have trouble articulating what it is that's wrong or "off" with a piece you don't like?
- Do you struggle with decision making while you're making art?
- Do you have trouble figuring out if a piece of artwork is done?
- Are you searching for the words and the language to be able to discuss art?
- Do you make a lot of things that simply don't feel "finished?"
If you answered, "yes" to any of those questions, then Design Boot Camp might be for you.
ALSO: You can watch this recording of a webinar all about this course!
Class size is extremely limited so that each student can receive personal attention. In between classes, there is an online classroom where you can leave questions, upload your artwork, and get some help during "off hours," as well as chat with other students.
Payment plans are available. Contact me for more info.
There are no refunds once payment has been made.
- "I felt like I learned the secret language of artists, and that made me more confident and free."
- "The wealth of information that Julie shared with us during the two hour sessions over the course of Bootcamp. She was so prepared and is such an excellent teacher - I knew that I was in good hands."
- "This is the toughest class I have taken in my art journey-so far. And it is the best class because it kept me out of my comfort zone the entire five weeks. The format inspired me to take chances and create some different art with the help from the group. I love the longer timeline, letting ideas "sit" and having time to explore by doing homework was helpful. Will definitely take again or the next level."
- "I feel like my journey as an artist has just begun, despite doing art for years. Julie is a master artist AND teacher, a true professional! I hope there will be a Design Boot Camp 2 next year!"
- "I loved the assignments. Based on one of the articles l read by James Clear, l am a person always in motion not in action. I read articles, blogs, watch youtube videos always saying that l'm learning something. Your assignments made me actually put what you were teaching us into action."
- "This class was worth every penny! I have LOTS of work to do, but I feel like I now have the tools to carry me forward to where I would like to be."
- "Zoom was fabulous - having all of my supplies at my fingertips was perfect. Loved the ability to review my notes and digest the lesson given before the next one was presented. Interacting with the other students was a great part of the learning experience. I have said this before and I will say it again - you are an extraordinary teacher with incredible knowledge about art that you share in a clear, professional way. Only you could accomplish what you did in the class - you get right to the point and right to the heart of the task. Over the years you have added much joy to my artistic endeavors. Thank you!"
- "The best class I’ve ever taken, in-person or on-line — thanks!"