ScanNCut 2: Rainbow Mobile on June 3
This is a two-hour live online class conducted through Zoom on June 3, 2020 starting at 7pm EST. Class is strictly limited to 10 students to allow for plenty of interaction. We will be creating the rainbow mobile in the picture.
In order to take this class, you must own a ScanNCut 2 machine. I will be using a ScanNCut 650W in class. This class is intended for advanced beginners. You should:
- Be able to load and unload the mat.
- Be able to insert and remove the Blade Holder from the ScanNCut.
- Know what Blade Pressure, Speed, and Depth are -- and the basics of how to physically adjust them.
- Have already cut paper with your ScanNCut at least a few times.
- Be able to download a zip file from an email and unzip it.
- Be able to place the downloaded files onto a USB thumb drive.
- Know that you have a USB thumb drive that is compatible with your ScanNCut.
Please have the following supplies available to yourself during class:
- ScanNCut 2 with Standard Blade AND Deep Cut Blade
- Standard Cutting Mat
- Washi Tape
- Heavy Cardstock or Thin Chipboard
- Acrylic paint: red, yellow, green or the colors of your choice
- Blue Cardstock
- Liquid Glue
- Small empty plastic container (to put the glitter in)
- Paintbrushes - one for painting the rainbow and one for painting the raindrops with glue
- Jar or Container of Water for dirty paintbrush
- Paper Towels
- Cut Files on a USB thumb drive. Cut files will be emailed to you before class. You will need to put them on a USB thumb drive.
- Optional: Bone Folder, Apron, something to protect your table surface from paint.
After class you will receive a link to the replay of the live event.
If you've never experienced Zoom before, here are links to helpful videos:
- Using Zoom for the first time: https://youtu.be/9isp3qPeQ0E
- Zoom on an iPad: https://youtu.be/2bLIVzPJTdQ