Gelatin Printing from your Backyard
This is a two-hour live online class conducted through Zoom on Monday, September 14, 2020 starting at 7pm EST. We will be covering:
- The basics of using a commercial gelatin plate to create layered botanical monoprints.
- How to print with leaves and flowers.
- Tips for creating layers.
- What paint to use.
- What paper to use.
- And much more!
Please have the following supplies available to yourself during class:
- Gelatin Plate -- I use an 8x10 plate.
- Paper of all kinds.
- Acrylic Paint, including white.
- Leaves, grass, flowers, weeds, etc. -- must be picked that day
- Rubber Brayer
- Optional: Apron, baby wipes
If you've never experienced Zoom before, here are links to helpful videos: