ScanNCut DX: Working with HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl)
This is a two-hour live online class conducted through Zoom on August 12, 2020 starting at 7pm EST. Learn all about working with HTV. We will cover cutting, weeding, layering, and ironing.
In order to take this class, you must own a ScanNCut DX machine. I will be using a ScanNCut SDX230D in class.
This class is suitable for Advanced Beginners. You must have taken the Super Basic Beginner Class and/or be able to:
- Load and Unload the mat.
- Load and Unload the blade.
- Know how to do a Background Scan.
Please have the following supplies available to yourself during class:
- ScanNCut DX with AutoBlade
- Standard Cutting Mat
- HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) -- several colors
- Universal Pen Holder
- Permanent Pen that fits inside the Universal Pen Holder -- I like a MicroPerm or an IdentiPen.
- Hook Tool
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Pressing Sheet (can just be a piece of fabric)
- Something to iron the HTV onto -- fabric, a t-shirt, etc. This is just practice, so don't plan to make something amazing in class. Come to learn.
After class you will receive a link to the replay of the live event.
If you've never experienced Zoom before, here are links to helpful videos: