Sketchbookery: Breaking Down a Photo (Feb 13 & 20)
Two Sessions: Saturdays, February 13 & 20, 2021: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST via Zoom.
Have you ever wanted to start a sketchbook practice?
Unsure of where to start?
How to start?
What to put in that sketchbook?
How to make art based on your sketches?
In the first class I will get you started with one of the most useful sketchbook skills: breaking down a photo. In the second class I will show you how to use your sketches to create new art.
Please have available to you during class #1:
- sketchbook and/or loose paper
- 3-5 photos you find inspiring
- writing/drawing tools: pencil, pen, etc.
- favorite colorant: watercolor, markers, colored pencils, etc.
- optional: tape runner, ruler
Please have available to you during class #2:
- your sketches
- favorite art supplies