Art Parts - A Formula for Making Art Quickly and Easily
Two Sessions: Fridays, June 11 & 18, 2021: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST via Zoom.
If you want to make art quickly, you need to have all the supplies on hand. I'm not talking about paint and brushes...although those are useful to have. I'm talking about pre-made "art parts."
What are "art parts?" Watch this video all about it!
They are substrates and bits and pieces that are ready to go into your art without any work. It's the kind of stuff you make when you have a bit of free time, without any end result in mind
In the first class I will share tons of techniques for creating art parts quickly and easily. I will also show you how to make the kind of art parts that YOU like to work with. Not everyone is the same. Art-making isn't a one-size-fits-all process.
In the second class I will show you several different methods for making beautiful finished art with your parts. You will walk away from class having finished a lot of art, even if you tend to be a slow maker.
Please have available to you during class #1:
- Paper that you like to use -- copy paper, book pages, deli paper, notebook paper -- whatever you like.
- Colorants that you like to use -- watercolor, markers, colored pencils, pens, etc.
- Embellishments that you like to use -- buttons, fabric scraps, thread, etc.
- Substrates that you like to use -- art journal, canvas, board, etc.
- Acrylic Paint -- 5-10 colors
- favorite paintbrushes
- credit card or old hotel room key
- Jar of Water (for brushes)
- A wet adhesive
- Scrap paper & pencil
- 3 pieces of art you've made and liked (it's okay if it's photos in your phone -- only you need to look at the photos).
- Optional: apron, something to protect your table, paint palette, brayer, stencils, cosmetic wedge sponges, stamps, stamping ink, sewing needle and thread, heat gun, gelatin plate
Please have available to you during class #2:
- your art parts
- favorite art supplies
- a range of adhesives -- wet adhesive, glue stick, tape runner, etc.
This process will allow you to make art you love in a fraction of the time. Join me!