Screenprinting at Home (September 12)
Sunday, September 12, 2021: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST via Zoom.
Would you like to be able to screenprint at home? In this class, I will show you how I create custom screenprints at home with some very basic equipment. One of the many benefits of screenprinting is that it's an easy way to reproduce an image multiple times. In just four hours, I will show you how to set up your own home screenprinting studio (that tucks away into in a box or drawer).
Please have available to you during class:
- screenprinting mesh or a sheer polyester curtain
- craft knife & cutting mat
- artist's tape or painter's tape
- embroidery hoop
- adhesive-backed vinyl or contact paper
- duct tape
- Tyvek mailing envelopes
- Sharpie or other permanent marker
- hotel card key or credit card
- water-based screenprinting ink - should be thick, like heavy bodied acrylic paint.
- baby wipes
- paper or fabric to print on
- If printing on fabric, you will also need: batting and a piece of fabric that are both slightly smaller than your work surface
- sink or a large rubber container filled with water (for cleaning screens)
- palette paper or plastic plate
- plastic spoon
- Nice to have but not required: apron, palette knife, paper for sketching, pencil, ruler, water-soluble marker, old toothbrush or nail brush, wooden stretcher bars & staple gun, drying rack/line
Class will be recorded and a link to download the recording will be sent to you after class.