Block Printing on Fabric
Learn how to design andcarve a coordinating stamp set and then print it on fabric. This is a week long live online class conducted through Zoom over three days:
- Monday, July 27, 11am - 1pm
- Wednesday, July 29, 11am - 1pm
- Friday, July 31, 11am -1pm
Class is strictly limited to 10 students for maximum engagement.
We will be covering:
- Monday: Designing your multi-part image and carving your blocks.
- Wednesday: Continuing to carve, troubleshooting your blocks and test printing.
- Friday: Designing the overall print, printing your blocks on fabric, including registration techniques and multi-color printing.
Please have the following supplies available to yourself during class:
- Pencil and Scrap Paper for Sketching and Test Printing
- Optional: Inspiration Images. Archival Ink Pad
- Stamp Carving Supplies: Speedy Carve, Stamp Carving Tools, Self Healing Mat, Box Cutter, Ballpoint Pen, Colored Markers, Ruler
- Fabric -- I recommend grabbing 5-6 different fabrics to experiment with. For example: white fabric, black fabric, fabric with a subtle pattern, canvas, denim, jersey, etc.
- Block Printing Ink meant for Fabric
- Masking Tape
- Rubber Brayer
- Palette Knife
- Fat Quarter of Batting and Fat Quarter of Scrap Fabric
- Baby Wipes
If you've never experienced Zoom before, here are links to helpful videos: