"Thank you for the delightful presentation this morning. You are an EXCELLENT educator….very clear, very helpful and patient." - Ruth
"Such an amazing class! Pace was perfect and I learned a lot and felt the creative joy!!!" - Diane
"Thank you for the wonderful class last night. You are such an enthusiastic and talented teacher. I look forward to many more classes with you." - Lynne
Read more testimonials at the bottom of this page!
Live Online Classes are Fun, Personal, & Informative.
I'm delighted to offer you a wide variety of live online classes conducted through Zoom.
Zoom does a great job re-creating much of that in-person class feeling. You can chat with other people, see what other students are doing, ask questions, show the instructor your progress, and so on. It's lots of fun and super convenient -- you don't have to pack up your art supplies, everything is right at your fingertips! AND classes are recorded.
I hope you'll join me for a live online class.
Upcoming classes are listed below. I always announce new classes in my weekly newsletter first. If you want to be in the know, sign up for the weekly mailing list and get an email from me every Friday!
Sunday, September 12, 2021: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST via Zoom.
Would you like to be able to screenprint at home? In this class, I will show you how I create custom screenprints at home with some very basic equipment. One of the many benefits of screenprinting is that it's an easy way to reproduce an image multiple times. In just four hours, I will show you how to set up your own home screenprinting studio (that tucks away into in a box or drawer).
Please have available to you during class:
Class will be recorded and a link to download the recording will be sent to you after class.
Saturday, November 13, 2021: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM EST via Zoom.
This is part of a series of live online classes all about compositions that work. During this four-hour mixed media painting class we will take a deep dive into ASYMMETRICAL and SYMMETRICAL design. You might be surprised by which type of design you prefer to work with -- and what those terms actually mean. Through a series of exercises, you will create several abstract mixed media paintings incorporating collage.
Class is recorded and a link to download the recording will be sent to you after class. If you cannot attend class live, you will still receive the recording.
Please have available to you during class:
- "I felt like I learned the secret language of artists, and that made me more confident and free."
- "The wealth of information that Julie shared with us during the two hour sessions over the course of Bootcamp. She was so prepared and is such an excellent teacher - I knew that I was in good hands."
- "This is the toughest class I have taken in my art journey-so far. And it is the best class because it kept me out of my comfort zone the entire five weeks. The format inspired me to take chances and create some different art with the help from the group. I love the longer timeline, letting ideas "sit" and having time to explore by doing homework was helpful. Will definitely take again or the next level."
- "I feel like my journey as an artist has just begun, despite doing art for years. Julie is a master artist AND teacher, a true professional! I hope there will be a Design Boot Camp 2 next year!"
- "I loved the assignments. Based on one of the articles l read by James Clear, l am a person always in motion not in action. I read articles, blogs, watch youtube videos always saying that l'm learning something. Your assignments made me actually put what you were teaching us into action."
- "This class was worth every penny! I have LOTS of work to do, but I feel like I now have the tools to carry me forward to where I would like to be."
- "Zoom was fabulous - having all of my supplies at my fingertips was perfect. Loved the ability to review my notes and digest the lesson given before the next one was presented. Interacting with the other students was a great part of the learning experience. I have said this before and I will say it again - you are an extraordinary teacher with incredible knowledge about art that you share in a clear, professional way. Only you could accomplish what you did in the class - you get right to the point and right to the heart of the task. Over the years you have added much joy to my artistic endeavors. Thank you!"
- "The best class I’ve ever taken, in-person or on-line — thanks!"
"It was WONDERFUL! You are an excellent teacher. The class was packed with information and ideas. You know how to break down & present the course content in manageable, lively bites, and your enthusiasm is contagious. Oh, and you’ve adapted to the ZOOM format beautifully." - Sue
"OMG, this class was fantastic! As always, so many techniques and tips, and so much inspiration....If she offers this again, sign up. A great way to spend a Friday night." - Ellen
"Thank you Julie! I learned so much in class." - Maria
"Thank you for an amazing class tonight. I was feelings so intimidated by the CanvasWorkspace and you made it really easy. I love your calm and cool teaching style. You really put us all at ease and you made it fun. I’m so excited to really use my ScanNCut now. I'm excited by all the things I can do with it!" - Melinda
"Hi Julie - Just want to tell you I finished the recorded class this morning. I LOVE the way you teach. It's understandable and easy to follow. I also love that you record it. I am the slow one in any group and it's wonderful to be able to pause and replay when I didn't quite get something! I will definitely take more ScanNCut and CanvasWorkspace classes when you post them. Again, THANKS!" - Val
"Thank you so much for the workshop. You are a great teacher and cheerleader." - Sarah