"Thank you for the delightful presentation this morning. You are an EXCELLENT educator….very clear, very helpful and patient." - Ruth
"Such an amazing class! Pace was perfect and I learned a lot and felt the creative joy!!!" - Diane
"Thank you for the wonderful class last night. You are such an enthusiastic and talented teacher. I look forward to many more classes with you." - Lynne
Read more testimonials at the bottom of this page!
Live Online Classes are Fun, Personal, & Informative.
I'm delighted to offer you a wide variety of live online classes conducted through Zoom.
Zoom does a great job re-creating much of that in-person class feeling. You can chat with other people, see what other students are doing, ask questions, show the instructor your progress, and so on. It's lots of fun and super convenient -- you don't have to pack up your art supplies, everything is right at your fingertips! AND classes are recorded.
I hope you'll join me for a live online class.
Upcoming classes are listed below. I always announce new classes in my weekly newsletter first. If you want to be in the know, sign up for the weekly mailing list and get an email from me every Friday!
Two Sessions: Fridays, June 11 & 18, 2021: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST via Zoom.
If you want to make art quickly, you need to have all the supplies on hand. I'm not talking about paint and brushes...although those are useful to have. I'm talking about pre-made "art parts."
What are "art parts?" Watch this video all about it!
They are substrates and bits and pieces that are ready to go into your art without any work. It's the kind of stuff you make when you have a bit of free time, without any end result in mind
In the first class I will share tons of techniques for creating art parts quickly and easily. I will also show you how to make the kind of art parts that YOU like to work with. Not everyone is the same. Art-making isn't a one-size-fits-all process.
In the second class I will show you several different methods for making beautiful finished art with your parts. You will walk away from class having finished a lot of art, even if you tend to be a slow maker.
Please have available to you during class #1:
Please have available to you during class #2:
This process will allow you to make art you love in a fraction of the time. Join me!
May 10, 2021 - June 10, 2021. We will meet twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays 12pm-2pm EST) over Zoom. There is no class on Monday, May 31 (Memorial Day in the USA).
Not for the faint of heart. This is a serious five-week art workshop that will challenge, inspire, encourage, and educate you!
If you answered, "yes" to any of those questions, then Design Boot Camp might be for you.
What is Design Boot Camp?
Design Boot Camp is a five-week-long art workshop that will challenge, inspire, encourage, and educate you! I will teach you about each of the Elements & Principles of Design. Through a series of art exercises, we will explore each element and principle and then learn how to combine them together to create compositions that sing. You will learn a lot about yourself over the five-weeks. But you have to put in the work to get the results.
It's called "Boot Camp," because I am going to kick your artistic behind (in a nice way, of course). This course is intended for those who are serious about their art and looking for the tools to push their work to the next level. There will be a lot of work during class. It's Boot Camp.
When is Design Boot Camp?
Join me May 10, 2021 - June 7, 2021 for five weeks of intensive learning. We will meet twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays 12pm - 2pm EST) over Zoom. In between classes there will be homework, as well as a dedicated Slack channel where you can leave questions and get some help during "off hours," as well as chat with other students.
ALSO: You can watch this recording of a webinar all about this course!
Class space is extremely limited to ensure that each student gets plenty of personal attention.
Payment plans are available. Contact me for more info.
There are no refunds once payment has been made.
- "I felt like I learned the secret language of artists, and that made me more confident and free."
- "The wealth of information that Julie shared with us during the two hour sessions over the course of Bootcamp. She was so prepared and is such an excellent teacher - I knew that I was in good hands."
- "This is the toughest class I have taken in my art journey-so far. And it is the best class because it kept me out of my comfort zone the entire five weeks. The format inspired me to take chances and create some different art with the help from the group. I love the longer timeline, letting ideas "sit" and having time to explore by doing homework was helpful. Will definitely take again or the next level."
- "I feel like my journey as an artist has just begun, despite doing art for years. Julie is a master artist AND teacher, a true professional! I hope there will be a Design Boot Camp 2 next year!"
- "I loved the assignments. Based on one of the articles l read by James Clear, l am a person always in motion not in action. I read articles, blogs, watch youtube videos always saying that l'm learning something. Your assignments made me actually put what you were teaching us into action."
- "This class was worth every penny! I have LOTS of work to do, but I feel like I now have the tools to carry me forward to where I would like to be."
- "Zoom was fabulous - having all of my supplies at my fingertips was perfect. Loved the ability to review my notes and digest the lesson given before the next one was presented. Interacting with the other students was a great part of the learning experience. I have said this before and I will say it again - you are an extraordinary teacher with incredible knowledge about art that you share in a clear, professional way. Only you could accomplish what you did in the class - you get right to the point and right to the heart of the task. Over the years you have added much joy to my artistic endeavors. Thank you!"
- "The best class I’ve ever taken, in-person or on-line — thanks!"
"It was WONDERFUL! You are an excellent teacher. The class was packed with information and ideas. You know how to break down & present the course content in manageable, lively bites, and your enthusiasm is contagious. Oh, and you’ve adapted to the ZOOM format beautifully." - Sue
"OMG, this class was fantastic! As always, so many techniques and tips, and so much inspiration....If she offers this again, sign up. A great way to spend a Friday night." - Ellen
"Thank you Julie! I learned so much in class." - Maria
"Thank you for an amazing class tonight. I was feelings so intimidated by the CanvasWorkspace and you made it really easy. I love your calm and cool teaching style. You really put us all at ease and you made it fun. I’m so excited to really use my ScanNCut now. I'm excited by all the things I can do with it!" - Melinda
"Hi Julie - Just want to tell you I finished the recorded class this morning. I LOVE the way you teach. It's understandable and easy to follow. I also love that you record it. I am the slow one in any group and it's wonderful to be able to pause and replay when I didn't quite get something! I will definitely take more ScanNCut and CanvasWorkspace classes when you post them. Again, THANKS!" - Val
"Thank you so much for the workshop. You are a great teacher and cheerleader." - Sarah