Composition Class: Grids (August 14)
Saturday, August 14, 2021: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST via Zoom.
This is part of a series of live online classes all about compositions that work. During this three-hour mixed media collage class we will take a deep dive into THE GRID design. You might be surprised by how much a grid can change and transform when you get a little bit creative! Through a series of exercises, you will explore different grid variations and learn how to build the grid. You will learn how and when to break the grid and walk away from class with several completed abstract mixed media collages.
Class is recorded and a link to download the recording will be sent to you after class.
Please have available to you during class:
- paper for sketching
- pencil or pen
- substrates you like working on -- ex: watercolor paper, drawing paper, canvas, art journal, etc.
- collage paper
- collage adhesive of your choice
- acrylic paint (6-10 colors including black and white)
- jar or container of water for brushes
- palette paper or paper plate
- optional: apron, heat gun, paper towel, baby wipes, favorite mark making tools