- Live Online Classes
- Composition Class: Symmetry & Asymmetry (REPLAY)
Composition Class: Symmetry & Asymmetry (REPLAY)
You are purchasing a REPLAY of this live online class.
This is part of a series of live online classes all about compositions that work. During this four-hour mixed media painting class we will take a deep dive into ASYMMETRICAL and SYMMETRICAL design. You might be surprised by which type of design you prefer to work with -- and what those terms actually mean. Through a series of exercises, you will create several abstract mixed media paintings incorporating collage.
I got some lovely comments after class from students on Facebook:
"You know after Bootcamp I thought Balzer Designs could not surprise me but catching up with symmetry & asymmetry class I have to say/ Julie you are really getting better and better your craft.
In a art world where people just teach you to copy what they do. Finally someone teaching people paths to do their thing."- Jana
"Julie. I just want to say a big “thank you” for the composition class yesterday. It really gave me some great theory and has caused me already to look at my work differently. You explain things well and have a wonderful style of teaching. Thanks much!!!!" -Robin
Please have available to you during class:
- paper for sketching
- pencil or pen
- substrates you like working on -- ex: watercolor paper, drawing paper, canvas, art journal, etc.
- collage paper
- collage adhesive of your choice
- black and white paper
- glue stick
- acrylic paint (6-10 colors including black and white)
- jar or container of water for brushes
- palette paper or paper plate
- a piece of ribbon or string
- optional: apron, heat gun, paper towel, baby wipes, favorite mark making tools, craft knife & cutting mat, ruler