- In Person Classes
- Mixed Media Collage Intensive: September 11-15, 2023
Mixed Media Collage Intensive: September 11-15, 2023
Monday, September 11 - Friday, September 15, 2023
This intensive workshop is intended for intermediate to advanced students. Some of the topics we will cover are: personal voice, when to know if it's done, working in a series, value, contrast, composition, focal point, and how to use a sketchbook for a mixed media collage practice.
Each day of the workshop will begin with exercises intended to educate and excite you. Through the week, I will help you to hone your foundational skills in order to create better artwork. Each student will receive personal attention and instruction throughout class.
The goal for this workshop is for you to create a body of work -- a series of 6-10 pieces that you’re proud of. Here is a loose syllabus:
Monday – intentions/goals, sketches, papers
Tuesday – more sketches, papers, first piece, and art parts
Wednesday – artwork and first feedback
Thursday – artwork
Friday – presentations and critique
- Breakfast, lunch, drinks, snacks, are included in the class fee.
- Art supplies are included, but it is recommended (though not required) that you bring some of your own collage papers to work with so that your work feels like you.
- Please let me know if you have food allergies.
- Class runs from 10am-4pm each day.
- Breakfast is at 9am.
- Lunch is at 1pm.
- You may stay after class from 4-6pm to work in the studio, if you wish.
- Space is extremely limited.
- Exact Location will be provided to registered students. It is a private home in Watertown, MA.
- This space is not handicapped accessible. You must climb TWO flights of stairs to reach the attic studio.
- There are no refunds once payment has been made. If you cannot attend you are welcome to sell/give your spot to another person.
- For a local hotel, I recommend the Marriott Residence Inn in Watertown or the Hampton Inn & Suites in Watertown. Both are brand new, well located near shops and restaurants, and a short drive to my home studio.