- Live Online Classes
- Make a Concertina Art Book - April 1-2, 2023
Make a Concertina Art Book - April 1-2, 2023
This is a three-hour class conducted over two 1.5 hour sessions on Zoom on April 1, 2023 from 11am-12:30pm and April 2, 2023 from 11am-12:30pm EST.
Join me for a super fun afternoon of art making. Together, we will make TWO concertina art books (and work in them simultaneously). This is a no-sew book form that is extremely versatile. You can make it bigger or smaller depending on your needs. Begin with a blank sheet of paper (or a piece of art that didn't quite work out).
During class please have available:
- Scissors and/or craft knife and cutting mat
- Bone Folder
- Collage Papers
- Favorite Acrylic Paints - limited palette of 3-4 colors plus black and white
- Favorite Paintbrushes
- Jar or container of water for washing brushes
- Large piece of paper
- Wet Adhesive, such as gel medium
- Cereal Box or Heavy Watercolor Paper for book covers
- Heavy Book or something to weigh down your book
- Optional: Apron, rag or paper towel, baby wipes, artwork (on paper) to turn into a book, ribbon (for book closure), favorite stamps and ink, stencil and cosmetic wedge sponge, brayer, credit card or plastic hotel room key
Class will be recorded. You will receive a link to download the recording after the class is over. So don't worry if you can't make it to both days!